- • Manuscript must be written in ‘British English’. Non-native English speakers must seek the assistance of experienced, English-speaking medical editors if in doubt. Taking feedback from your colleagues also makes the manuscript writing more productive, versatile and simple for the readers.
- Sentences should be properly structured instead of giving brackets within a sentence. For example, the study participants (women of age group 25-30 years) were approached for the interviews. The correct way is ‘The study participants included women of age group 25-30 years. They were approached for interviews.’
- Present decimal figures up to 2 decimals only. e.g. 0.07 is correct instead of 0.071.
- Use the full form of an abbreviation initially in the text before using the abbreviated form.
- Avoid capitalisation except for proper nouns and where it is grammatically required.
- Do not start a sentence with a number.